Plumber is a media trimmer and downloader for Linux. It allows users to trim and crop videos and audio without downloading the entire file. A media trimmer is software that cuts off the video/audio specifically with the range of song or video timing you want to choose. It is mostly used to set status or ringtones for your most loved devices. It is an open-source software that is available via the Snapcraft website.
You can crop your local and remote media files. It saves video in H.246(MPEG-4 AVC) video and AAC audio format. You can directly cut videos from YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, ARTE, Vimeo, VK, Voot, VuClip, Dailymotion, Yandex, RUTV and many more websites. You can also choose the preferred Frame rate and Resolution during the rendering of the video/audio. It supports dark theme mode for long-duration editing and a built-in YouTube browser.
With using Plumber trimmer app, you can preview and edit through our media files without adding your personalized timeline or even to your own project, pre-edit your media clips. And manually insert them according to your need in precisely into the timeline, and even create subclips which you can be used as an independent media clips for another project.
What features come with Plumber?
- Plumber allows you to trim/crop online video/audio files without downloading them completely.
- The plumber lets you precisely crop media files (both local and remote). Trim media files with the precision of 1 second.
- Plumber will bring many more exciting features in near future, spread the name and the app with your friends, family, and colleagues.
- Saves video with high-quality H.246(MPEG4 AVC) video and AAC audio containers.
- Plumber support many websites like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Arte, Vimeo, VK, Voot, VuClip, Dailymotion, Yandex, RUTV and many more out of the box.
- Plumber allows you to convert specified video portion to GIF, providing you ability to choose preferred Frame rate and Resolution.
- Plumber comes optional dark theme support.
- There is YouTube search feature backed in the application as well, so users can search YouTube videos from right inside the application.
How to Install Plumber on Linux Distributions?
Before Installing the Plumber on your device, lets us update and upgrade our repositories to get the latest versions fall the software and releases available. To do this, type the following command:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
However, this application is only available from the snap package installer.
Snaps are applications packaged with dependencies to run on all popular Linux distributions from a single build. They update automatically and roll back gracefully.
Snaps are discoverable and installable from the Snap Store, an app store with an audience of millions. Firstly, you need to enable snapd on your Linux device.
sudo apt update
sudo apt install snapd
sudo snap install core
To install the Plumber – Media trimmer, simply use the following command:
sudo snap install plumber
To Install Plumber on Arch Linux, you can directly use the Pacman command:
sudo pacman -S plumber
After the installation, you can launch the application from the App Grid/menu or the launcher if you are using any Window Manager.
This is how it looks for the Plumber settings, where you can download/update and clear the engine cache. It comes with themes such as light and dark mode. It comes with screenshot extensions you choose as png/jpg and also video encoding settings, and GIF encoding settings. However, you can also restore the settings.
You can start practicing, practicing the editing of the video by clipping the start and end and also previewing before rendering it. You can also provide exact start and end times to get a desired amount of clip, practicing, which is highly used in the advertisement context. This is how to come up with the Installation process and enjoy using this application.
This is how we Install Plumber on Linux. However, it does not come with another package installer such as aptitude, apt, etc. Plumber is a highly used in the market for video/audio clipping for the Linux distribution. So whoever is finding the best audio/video clipping tool currently, you can go for it.
For more information, visit: https://github.com/keshavbhatt/plumber
To follow more tutorials, visit: https://www.linuxfordevices.com/